Sunday 9 June 2013

"When You Are at Rest, You Have Passed the Test"

I'll say it again.  I am a HUGE fan of Joel Osteen and his ministries.  I believe the work he does is absolute Spirit on earth, and the above quote is thanks to him.

Every once in awhile, I have found myself tuning into Mr. Osteen's sermons, and today's was no exception.  It was about learning to accept what we are in instead of fearing it. (Remember worry is fear)

Last night I was out with my family for date night, and we went and saw "After Earth".   In the movie, there was a statement made by Will Smith's character and it hit home like a tonne of bricks.  It too, was all about fear, and it went like this.  "Fear is not real. It is a product of the thoughts you create. Do not misunderstand me. Danger is very real. But fear is a choice."  And truly it is.  It is what holds us back.

Well I say no further.  I say it's time to "Let Go and Let God".  But what does that look like?

Well, I have noticed a trend lately in the work that I have been doing, and there has been a resounding pattern.  It all has to do with beating oneself up for not "feeling like it".  The tendency on this planet is that, responsibilities aside, we feel bad because we feel like a blob and just want to lay on the couch.  Depressive episodes or medical issues aside, why do we fight it?  Because we are worrying about being a blob.

Again, worry is fear.  It is the voices of our past coming up alongside our conditioned thought patterns and they are the "should be's" or even the "ifs" (if I don't do 'this', then 'that' doesn't happen) and they rob us of our presence.  When we are present, fear cannot reside within.  Fear is different from danger.  And that is the crux of the matter and at the heart of the After Earth and Joel Osteen message.

Fear creates unrest, FAITH creates rest.  A bigger picture is at work.  And, while some of us can see ahead with second sight, There is only one Source that can see around all corners.  I'll give you a hint.  Once again, it's not us.

So what are you worrying for?  You're worrying because there isn't enough money?  You're worrying that you have just been fired?  You're worrying because your teeth are crooked?  You're worried because you want to sit on the couch and be a blob today?

Well STOP IT!

Accept where you are AT!  Be in this moment and take a rest!  Now capture that thought pattern every second of every day and you will be amazed at what happens in your life! 

We all have the ability to reach "personal greatness".  It isn't about stardom it's about our soul.  To be in a spot where we know that we are being the best "us" possible and that makes for a terrific life!  We are doing what we are inspired to do and we are recognizing that dreams never have an expiry date.

If a door isn't opening, imagine it shut.  And being "shut" for a purpose.  What's that purpose?  It is that there is something even BIGGER about to happen, and it is always amazing!  The Cosmic Design Committee (CDC) knows exactly what it is because they know exactly what is about to happen.  So, imagine them keeping the door shut that would lead you to certain death, and here you are trying to fight it.  What??  Allow the door to be shut while bearing in mind that the door is shut for a reason or purpose, and that something even better is coming down the road.

Humans want to worry until their blue in the face.   Lord knows I was one of those.  But I've changed and continue to progress because I work in the space of acceptance.  I don't have to like it, but we sure do have to accept it. 

Why would I want to accept it?  Because every opprtunity teaches me something about myself, which teaches me more about my world, and even more about my faith in something bigger than me.  In Faith there is hope.  Always. 

So know that above all else, you are in really, REALLY good hands.  Hands that are so big they fit each and every one of us.  They are the most gentle and loving hands you can ever be in.

There truly is nothing to fear. 

Fear is not real.

No comments:

Post a Comment